Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Finally!

Our blog is long overdue for an update! I don't know why I've had such a hard time keeping up on it. Here are just a few things that we have been up to the last few months.


At the beginning of the summer Weston turned four. Time goes by so fast! He got the new bike he was hoping for.



Weston and Cohen took swimming lessons for the first time this summer. I think I had to bribe Weston every single lesson, he didn't want to get in the water without us, and he never made it into the deep end. He and Cohen just wanted to play together, they didn't want to listen to their teachers! We did a lot of swimming this summer. Our favorite place was surf-n-swim. It was so fun because it was never busy, and we never saw anyone that we knew. (So I felt ok in my maternity swimwear!)



We took the boys to the Union Station on Labor Day. We were going to go see the museum, but they had so much fun playing on the trains outside we didn't even have to pay to go to the museum! The boys, including Todd, thought the trains were so cool, they can't wait to go back again.




Weston played soccer for the first time! Todd and I were so excited for him to play, but Weston didn't really want anything to do with it. While Todd was on the field coaching, Weston sat on the sidelines with me most of the games. We tried to promise him a transformer if he just tried to kick the ball, but he didn't care about that. He said next time he doesn't want to play, he just wants to go pick up his jersey. I guess we will wait a few more years before we try and make him play sports.















We went on a few fun camping trips. We tried taking the boys fishing. Holden loved the fishy pole, but when Grandpa helped him catch a fish he thought it was ka ka. Weston got a fishing pole for his birthday and he was so excited to use it, but he thought it was a lot more fun to collect rocks instead!


For Grandma's birthday, she thought it would be really fun to have a sleepover with Weston, Cohen and Savanna in the trailer. Cohen didn't make it all night in the trailer, and Weston kept Grandma up for hours waiting for the sun to come up because he wanted to go home. Grandma said when she pictured the sleepover, it seemed a lot more fun!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like you had such a fun summer. I wish we could see you guys more often. Congrats on baby Reece,she's adorable from the picture and from what I've heard from Grandma. Hope to see pics soon.

Jenny said...

Weston and Boston sound so much alike. Must be the age. Boston doesnt want to play soccer again either. So funny. Congrats on your new baby.